Our Returns Policy
We want you to be completely satisfied. If you're unhappy with your purchase however, you may return unwanted items within 14 working days [*] for a full refund.
1. Are there any items that cannot be returned unless faulty?
YES, in the interests of hygiene; Wigs, Bodysuits, Underwear, Stockings / Tights, Teeth, Contact Lenses, Eyelashes and False Nails cannot be returned for refund, unless faulty.
2. Before returning items, you must obtain a returns number from us.
3. To request a returns number please LOG IN to your account using your email and password used in the original purchase. You can view your completed orders and request a returns number from here by simply selecting the items you wish to return.
4. We will automatically email you a returns number and form to be returned with the goods. Once a returns request has been generated you can view this under "My Returns Requests"
TO LOGIN TO MY ACCOUNT & REQUEST A RETURNS NUMBER [CLICK HERE]
5. Goods you wish to send back must be returned in an unused condition along with their original packaging. The item(s) must be without use and in suitable condition for resale. Any item removed from sealed packaging cannot be refunded. Typically costumes do not come in sealed packaging to allow you to try them on.
All items will be inspected upon their return. We regret that goods cannot be refunded where there is clear evidence of wear, traces of body odour, cigarette smoke, makeup, fake tan and/or perfume. We kindly request, that you treat all unwanted items in your possession how you would wish to receive them.
Important Note - Some costumes may include stockings, underwear, masks, wings, wigs and/or other accessories. These items are supplied in sealed packets separate to the costume. We strongly recommend that customers try on the costume first. Unfortunately we are unable to process refunds under any circumstances where items have been removed from sealed packaging.
The whole product and packaging must be returned in the same condition you received it. Please do not bend or fold header cards. All packets, inserts and hangers must be returned. We kindly request, that costumes are neatly folded and placed into their original packaging as this will prevent damage to the goods.
6. We regret that outbound postage costs are non-refundable.
7. You the customer will have to bear the cost of returning the goods to us. Please return goods to the address as stated on the returns form. Returned goods (in-transit) are your responsibility until they reach us. For your protection, we recommend using a recorded delivery and a postal service which includes insurance to the value of goods being returned.
8. We're unable to replace an item until the original has been returned to us. If you require a replacement / alternative item quickly, we suggest that you place a second order and return the unwanted item at a later
9. Any returned goods that we receive which are outside our returns policy will be defined as 'In Dispute'.
10. In all instances where packaging has been damaged or goods have not been returned to us in a re-saleable condition. In such cases, it will be at the sole discretion of Fancy Dress Ball whether to issue a full or partial refund.
11. After 14 working days following the day on which you receive the goods, it is at the discretion of Fancy Dress Ball as to whether a refund will be offerred. Sometimes goods may be purchased in advance as a present or delivered whilst on holiday, therefore the aforementioned 14 day period can be missed.
As a gesture of good will, items (Excluding hygenic products described in point 1) may be returned up to a maximum of 30 days following the day on which you receive the goods. In this instance we're happy to offer a refund to the value of 70% of the purchase price (excluding shipping costs). Please call our Customer Services Team on 01422 256318 to request a returns number in this instance.
12. Product Guarantee - All goods come with a 30 day guarantee where you may return faulty goods for refund or exchange. This does not affect your statutory rights.
13. We aim to process your refund as quickly as possible, typically within 7 days. During busy periods (Halloween & Christmas) the refund process can take longer. All refunds will be made within 30 days from receipt of goods back to us.
[*] 14 days from receipt of delivery is defined as the date the goods were received and signed for by you. Please note that once 14 working days have elapsed, you will be unable to request an automated returns number via your account. Please call our Customer Services Team on 01422 256318 should you require assistance.